- When instrumental music plays (music with no lyrics), give the title and name of artist.
(‘ODE TO JOY’ BY BEETHOVEN PLAYS)
- If the title and artist is not known, describe the music sparingly.
(UPLIFTING ORCHESTRAL MUSIC)
(SOFT PIANO MUSIC)
- Where the lyrics are audible, they must be transcribed. Each new caption block containing lyrics should start with a #. The final caption block of the audible lyrics should end with a full stop, followed by a #.
# And I think to myself
# What a wonderful world. #
- Music and sound effects are formatted in upper case in brackets.
- Song titles have single quotes.
More questions? See our Recorded Captioning Style Guide.