Below is a step-by-step guide to creating transcribing in Scripta. A video demo of this process can be viewed in our tutorials.
1. Once you’ve claimed a transcription task, click the ‘Launch Scripta’ button at the top of your task to open the editor in a new window. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled.
2. Scripta will launch in a new tab. The automatically generated text comes pre-loaded for you to edit. To begin editing the text, click into the first segment. Press Tab to play and pause the video.
3. Edit each segment to ensure it matches the video. Please don’t assume the automatic text is correct! It is a starting point only. You will also need to ensure the transcription conforms to Ai-Media formatting standards.
- Segments should be broken up whenever there is a new speaker. Scripta will automatically split a segment at the nearest sentence when it is longer than 200 words. This occurs automatically when the document is saved.
- The automatically generated speaker labels will need to be edited to match Ai-Media speaker label standards.
4. Once you’re happy with your transcript, click the Complete button in the top right-hand corner. This will submit your task to Community and close the task in Scripta.