Below is a step-by-step guide to completing a task in Scripta. For more information about Timed Transcription tasks in Scripta, please see Timed Transcription.
1. Once you’ve claimed a Timed Transcription task, click the ‘Launch Scripta’ button at the top of your task page to open the editor in a new window. Make sure you have pop-ups enabled.
2. Scripta will launch in a new tab. The automatically generated transcript comes pre-loaded for you to edit. To begin editing the text, click into the first segment. Press Tab to play and pause the video.
3. Edit each segment to ensure it matches the video. Don’t assume the automatic text is correct! It is a starting point only. You will need to ensure the transcription is accurate and conforms to Ai-Media formatting standards.
- Please remember to save your task frequently by selecting ‘Save’ on the top menu.
- Segments should be broken up whenever there is a new speaker or every 8-10 lines to ensure the transcript is easy to read. Segment breaks where there is no change in speaker need to be labelled with a chevron.
- The automatically generated speaker labels will need to be edited to match Ai-Media speaker label standards.
- Auto-generated sync points do not need to be adjusted. However, it is important that you review and edit timestamps when you create a new segment or significantly amend an existing one. For more information about timestamps, see here.
4. Once you’re happy with your transcript, click the Complete button in the top right-hand corner. This will submit your task to Community and close the task in Scripta.